Born: Sealy, Texas – Sept. 2, 1960
National Football League, Running Back
- Southern Methodist University Mustangs – All American (#19)
- Paired with running back teammate Craig James, Dickerson & James were nicknamed 'The Pony Express' for their prolific SMU offense.
NFL Draft: 1983 – Los Angeles Rams – 1st round, 2nd pick
Career History: 11 years
- Los Angeles Rams – 1983 – 1987 (sweater #29 retired)
- Indianapolis Colts – 1987 - 1991
- Los Angeles Raiders – 1992
- Atlanta Falcons – 1993
- Rookie year set records for:
- Most rushing attempts (390), most rushing yards gained (1,808), most touchdowns rushing (18), and (2) receiving;
- Earned All-Pro, Pro Bowl, Player of the Year & Rookie of the Year honours;
- Set NFL single season rushing record with 2,105 yards in 1984;
- Rushed for 13,259 career yards in only 146 games, averaging 4.4 yards per carry and scored 90 TDs;
- In 1999, his first year of eligibility, was selected a member of Pro Football Hall of Fame;
- Ranked #38 on Sporting News List of 100 Greatest Football Players.
Eric Dickerson Foundation
The Foundation is committed to providing positive influences through youth sports, education and leadership by building community partnerships with other non-profit organizations, schools and military services while striving to develop youth into resilient leaders of tomorrow by encouragement, perseverance and the importance of giving back to their communities.
Eric is an exceptional public speaker and avid golfer, in demand for large and small corporations and fundraising events. In his first visit to Vancouver in Spring 2013 he spoke to a sellout crowd at 4th Annual Simon Fraser University 'Gathering of the Clan Breakfast' fund raiser.